Orata offers Structural Engineering & Design Services, along with reviews, to support both residential and commercial building projects. By having a multi-disciplinary team in the construction and engineering industry we know what the builders need first hand. Our team has experience working with Wood-frame, Steel-frame, Concrete, and Structural Insulated Panel System (SIPS) construction projects. All designs adhere to the National Building Code, as well as any additionally related codes. Please see below for industry-specific services.
Orata offers several residential structural engineering & design services including:
- Inspection, reporting and repair details on existing construction.
- Including moisture damaged structures.
- Drawings and material specifications for new construction such as decks, garages, sunrooms, as well as additions, including floor, wall and roof framing, beams and posts, and shallow concrete foundations.
- Special residential requirements such as lateral bracing of foundations, unbraced two-story walls (tall walls), tall foundation walls, and steel main floor beams.
- Inspection of already constructed additions to obtain a permit.
- Removal of bearing walls, cutting of foundation walls for egress windows and reinforcement of beams
- Design Permanent Wood Foundation (PWF).
Our commercial structural engineering & design capabilities extend to:
- Envelope design of shallow foundations, site works and temporary bracing.
- Design of mezzanines, additions and exteriors wall cladding/framing.
- Design of low rise buildings of steel stud and wood stud.
- Signage and fencing.
- Design and design review of heavy equipment implements such as bridge crane with chain fall, pipelayer booms, roll over protections, anchor points and other heavy equipment attachments of structural steel.
- Design verification and drafting checking.